FORGE is a strength and conditioning program designed to improve the overall health and fitness of our young people.
You’ve seen the effects of the lack of physical education for today’s youth
- Childhood Obesity and Diabetes
- Overuse injuries from sport specialization at a young age
- Skyrocketing ACL injuries due to poor movement mechanics
- Disengagement with youth sports because of an emphasis on winning instead of having fun
Our program is designed to help young people
- learn how to move properly
- increase their athleticism
- build confidence
- develop healthy habits for the rest of their life
Why Strength and Conditioning?
Reduced Risk for Injury
By incorporating resistance training into preseason conditioning for adolescent football players, a reduction in non-serious knee injuries, has seen reported.
...in general, expected strength gains of 30–40% are typically observed in untrained youth following participation in an introductory (8–20 weeks) resistance training program.
It has been reported that adolescent girls improved their physical self-perceptions in response to an 8-week resistance training programme. Similarly, various measures of self-concept have been shown to improve in adolescent males and females after a 12-week resistance training program.