Have you ever watched children run? They never seem to get tired, they don’t get cramps, and they don’t stop! It’s just natural.
Fast forward to adulthood, and for some of us, what used to be effortless, fun and natural can feel really hard and sometimes painful.
At CrossFit 43 North we believe that constantly varied functional movements, including running, are a significant part of a healthy lifestyle.
The NOk to 5K is an awesome and ridiculously fun program designed to help anyone at any level improve their running form, stamina, and mobility. This program is for the beginner and experienced runner alike. Everyone is welcome, so whether you’re just starting out, or if you haven’t run in a while, grab your friends and join us!
NOk to 5K is a nine-week program that begins Tuesday, September 10th at 6:45pm. We’ll meet twice each week for CrossFit style workouts, mobility, and of course, lots of running. We’ll even have guest speakers. And YES, there will be homework. But don’t worry. It’ll be fun.
This program is designed to increase strength and endurance, improve running form and technique, and help restore the feeling of running naturally. We’ll learn how to run better by moving, breathing, and pacing better.
What can you expect to get in return for all of this hard work? You can expect high quality coaching, fun workouts, and a good knowledge of just how amazing you are!!
You will be able to put your new and improved running skills to the test at the end of the program. That’s right! The NOk to 5K grand finale will be the running of a real live 5K race with finishers medals, race t-shirts, and bragging rights!
Still not sure if you want to sign up? Consider these excellent reasons why this program is totally for you:
- Running will help you live longer. Especially if you are being chased by a lion or a bear.
- You will always be faster than someone, no matter how slow you are. Because finishers medals and race shirts.
- Your friends will think you’re even more awesome-er because you do CrossFit AND you’re a runner.
- Running is a grownup reason to go outside and play.
- You can exercise the dog while you exercise yourself! I believe this is called multi-tasking.
- Running is a great excuse to put off everything on your to-do list.
- Make new running friends that you can invite to workout with you at CrossFit 43 North!
- Because by the time you realize you’re tired, it’s too far to walk back.
- Because how cool is it to say, “Sorry, can’t make it. I’ve got a speed workout tonight right after CrossFit!”
So, join us! Bring your friends, bring your family, and prepare to be amazed at what you can achieve in only nine weeks.